OVERHEATING PUMP AND THROMOSTATS BEEN CHANGE

2007 Chrysler Sebring • 160,000 miles

My car is still overheating after changing the pump and the stats new coolant fluid also didn't not over heat when I notice the temp was going up I went ahead and stopped quick waited for it to cool off and then left again this time I turned on the heater on high to keep it running cool and the a/c works really good as well. Do this cars can be purge or im I missing something, please help! Oh and for sure I will donate 20 or more I promise I just have spent some money and no one has helped but I will donate that much or more if this works please help me out I am not seeking free things just trying to fix the car when I know the pepboys I took it to for diagnose work said I needed a head gasket I don't believe them cause everyone in there where being told the same thing, one poor lady showed up with the work done and still overheating on a dodge truck poor lady. Sorry about all this just wanted you all to know how hard to find good help. Thank you
Jay Rodriguez

If you have them do a leak down test, that will confirm you do not have a bad head gasket. Assuming it is ok, then you may have a clogged radiator.

Mr Roy,
They had no response when I asked them questions about it the indicator fluid the poored in it couldn't tell me where they made that call. The only thing they said is that they checked the fluids for fumes but no signs on the oil or bubbles in there you think that car has a purge somewhere in there

Jay Rodriguez
Ok, a leak down test is where they remove the spark plugs and inert shop air into the cylinder and see if the coolant moves in the rad. If it does, you have head gasket issues. If not then all is ok and you need to have the rad flow tested.

I found the problem it was the stat they sold me the wrong one. I bought it at a autoparts store well note to everyone out there, they don't carry it you need to go to the dodge auto parts. And also there are 2 in there a short one and a long one. I went ahead and changed both and also the housing where they are located. Afther 1500 that a shop wanted to charge me I went ahead and spent a little more on it for the long run. Trust me ppl do the smallest things first before the head gasket it could save you a lot of money. I did call the shop and told them well after I told them what I did and found out that the head gasket was ok they are giving me my money back. I just feel for the lady that was there and spent about 3000 to get her head gaskets done and she went back cause her car was still over heating and I just heard the guy when he was talking to her was a lot of lies poor lady. So now I am sure she is going to spend another 3000 and more for her car to get fixed seemed like everyone there had a head gasket problem first clue to get out of there. I know a little about working on cars so that helped me not to believe them. Ppl out there please do the smaller work like hoses, stats, things like that even the pump check those out before doing the head gasket, check the smaller and cheaper parts first.
Thanks to this website and the ppl that help out here. I do feel sorry for the lady that was there she spent a lot of money and still had a over heating problem after getting the heads done I guess it turns out she probably had the same problem.

Thanks Roy and 2carpros, you replied fast ans thanks for that.

Jay Rodriguez
Our pleasure