CAR STALLING

2006 Dodge Charger • V8 2WD Automatic •

2006 charger r/t stalls after fueling up at the pump
Sawyer75

Are you able to restart after it stalled?
Is there any indicators showing on dash prior to the stalling?

It takes a little bit after but yes the car restarts.I have restarted it rite after and revved it up to about 2000 rpms and the problem goes away. So far there are no indicators on the dash showing that is it stalls.I tried doing a key and key off three times after it stalls and no code appeared on the dash either. Ive check the fuel pressure and it wasnt flucuating while running.I did hear alot of gurgling coming from the tank while I was fueling and I dont over fill. Soon as it clicks off I pull the nozzle out and put it up. Its been consistant every time I fuel up.

Sawyer75
Symptoms indicates a possible fault with the EVAP system which would normally trigger trouble codes. Get a scan done to check if any trouble codes are stored.

It could be clogged EVAP lines, kinked hoses or faulty solenoids.

I did a scan on it and there were no trouble codes stored. Sorry I didnt mention that.I did it at the same time I checked the fuel pressure. How would I checked clogged EVAP lines. Would fuel system cleaners be able to unclog the line and how hard is it to replace or check solenoids.I did get underneith the car and could not find any kinks in the line. So far wwe havnt had any work on the car in that area. Wait we did have to have some work done on the rear diff but I dont think that would affect anything would it.

Sawyer75
If the rear differential was worked on, it could have affected the system if the lines are kinked or bent too much.

Check the areas around the fuel tank for any interference to EVAP lines.

When no trouble codes are present, it should not be a fault with solenoids or electrical components. The lines are for pressure release and fumes control and is usually dry. Cleaners might not work as the lines are from front of vehicle to rear so it could be quite long.

The rear diff had work on it over a year ago. The problem is recent. Would it take that long for it to affect the lines.I will try and scan it again and see if anything pops up.I will also do another check on the lines and get back with you.

Sawyer75
If the lines wre slightly kinked or clogged, it would take some time before the clogging becomes to bad till pressure is not being released while refilling.

So after checking the evap lines and found nothing.I ran another check on the codes. It gave me a code of p1521. What exactly does this code mean

Sawyer75
P1521-INCORRECT ENGINE OIL TYPE

When Monitored: Engine Running.

Set Condition: Using the oil pressure, oil temperature and other vital engine inputs the PCM can determine the engine oil viscosity. Incorrect viscosity will effect the operation of the MDS by delaying cylinder activation.

Possible Causes
INCORRECT ENGINE OIL TYPE
ENGINE OIL CONTAMINATION
ENGINE OIL

Always perform the PRE-DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURE before
proceeding.

Diagnostic Test

1) ACTIVE DTC

NOTE: Review the customers oil change history. Ensure the customers is using the correct engine oil viscosity. If the incorrect oil is being used, change the oil, using the correct engine oil viscosity.

Ignition on, engine off.
With the scan tool, read DTCs.
Is the DTC active at this time?
Go to 2).

Test Complete.

2) ENGINE OIL

NOTE: If set along with P1521, repair any engine oil pressure or temperature DTCs first before continuing.

The following conditions must be checked.
• OEM recommended oil viscosity is being used.
• Customer is following the oil change schedule.
• Check the engine oil for contamination. (I.E, fuel and/or engine coolant)
• Internal engine condition that may effect oil pressure.

Were any of the above conditions found?

Repair as necessary.
Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST.

Change the engine oil using the correct oil viscosity.
Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST.