OVERHEATING

2002 Chevrolet Tracker • 100,000 miles

I have replaced the thermostat, water pump, serpentine belt and still the car overheats. The top rad hose is boiling hot while the lower rad hose is ice cold which I know points to the thermostat but it has been replaced. Any help would be appreciated. This just started out of the blue. The car has been well maintained with very few problems up until now.
Smitty84942

Check if the radiator is clogged and also try bleeding the cooling system and see what happens

Thanks rasmataz, I tried your ideas. I took off both upper and lower rad hoses and removed the thermostat(again). I flushed everything and made sure the thermostat opened under boiling water. Bled the system by leaving the rad cap off until it heated up. Still the same problem. The waterpump housing is too hot to touch yet it overheats and the lower rad hose is cold?

Smitty84942
Rad cap off and engine idling pinch of the upper hose for a few secs while looking inside the radiator then let go-the coolant flow should increase if not recheck the water pump, if okay have it block and pressure tested to find out more-

This may help or not. The car is still overheating but also not charging. New battery and alternator but on a test drive after a boost it just starts losing power up until the point when it will die. The car bucks and also stays on a fast idle prior to shutting down. Not sure if that helps with a diagnosis but I thought I would add it just in case. Thanks again for any advise.

Smitty84942
Have the alternator checked and also if it continues to overheat have it block and pressure tested

Just wondered if smitty84942 ever found out what the problem was with his tracker. Mine is doing the exact same thing. All happened at once.(Overheat, then lost all power and then went to fast idle. The battery terminals were corroded, so I cleaned them and replaced the battery as well as a suspect idler pulley. Never had any issues with the vehicle, then all at once. Seems a bit suspect that it has exactly the same symptoms as his tracker. It's still overheating and the battery drains. Would a power loss contribute to the overheating? Or could this be corrosion where the wires connect to the fuse box on the fender?

Logansky