WHERE IS THE HEATER CORE LOCATED IN MY CAR AND ...
1989 Ford Tempo
Where is the heater core located in my car and how do I replace it?
Saturday, April 13th, 2013 AT 1:23 PM
It is inside the dash board
1. Drain coolant from radiator.
2. Disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core.
3. Working inside vehicle, remove two screws retaining floor duct to plenum. Remove two screws retaining floor duct to instrument panel (Fig.19). Remove floor duct.
4. Remove four screws attaching heater core cover to heater case (Fig.19).
5. Remove heater core cover and heater core from plenum.
1. Position heater core and cover to heater case. Clip heater core tubes through dash panel seal holes.
2. Support heater core and cover in place. Install four attaching screws. Install heater hoses to core.
3. Position floor duct to heater case and instrument panel. Install four attaching screws.
4. Connect heater hoses to heater core. Tighten hose clamps only to specification.
5. Fill radiator with the correct coolant mixture to specified level.
6. Check for proper system operation.