All Type 3 and Type 4 models, as well as 1975 and later Type 1 and Type 2 models have an electric pump. The fuel pump is located near the front axle on Types 1, 3, and 4, and near the fuel tank on Type 2.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Disconnect the fuel pump wiring. Pull the plug from the pump but do not pull on the wiring.
3. Disconnect the fuel hoses and plug them to prevent any leakage.
4. Remove the two nuts which secure the pump and then remove the pump.
5. Reconnect the fuel pump hoses and wiring and install the pump on the vehicle.
6. Connect the battery cable.
Electric fuel pump pressure is 28 psi. Fuel pump pressure is determined by a pressure regulator which diverts part of the fuel pump output to the gas tank when 28 psi is reached. The regulator, located on the engine firewall, has a screw and locknut on its end. Loosen the locknut and turn the screw to adjust the pressure. Do not force the screw in or out if it does not turn.
(The diagram below contain information about all types and there fuses included fuses for fuel pump.
(check your email for this diagram)
Thursday, April 1st, 2010 AT 6:12 PM