2004 Jetta GLI Shifting Hard Between 2nd and 3rd

BUTTERCUPS0147
  • 2004 VOLKSWAGEN
I have a 2004 Jetta with 41,000 miles on it that is shifting hard between 2nd and 3rd. I asked the dealership to check it out, and they said that the diagnostic didn't show anything.

I called back. They said the service manager drove it and two other 2004 Jettas, and they all shift really hard between 2nd and 3rd.

This hasn't always been a problem with my car. After about a year, it started shifting hard when it was cold. Now, it's happening more often.

Do you think this is a problem with the car, with the model, or just a "quirk" as the dealership said? I'd appreciate your help since I'm usually just treated like a stupid girl, but I do like my car to run properly.

Thanks!
Monday, January 15th, 2007 AT 10:24 PM

BRUCE HUNT
I looked your vehicle up and your car has NO technical service bulletins related to the tranny and the shifting problems. There are no recalls in this area either.

Now, I know I should be able to assume the type of transmission you have but let me ask. Is this a manual or automatic tranny?
Tuesday, January 16th, 2007 AT 11:07 AM
BUTTERCUPS0147
I have an automatic. They said there weren't any recalls, and that is just how the car runs.
Tuesday, January 16th, 2007 AT 3:09 PM