Van overheating and coming out of overflow tank

JACKIE28
  • 2004 KIA SEDONA
My Sedona is suddenly overheating and coolant is coming out of the overflow tank. I really need help as to what this problem may be.
Tuesday, August 4th, 2015 AT 2:02 PM

KHLOW2008
Check if the cooling fans are working.
Sunday, August 9th, 2015 AT 5:55 AM
JACKIE28
I was told that they aren't. Today I noticed that a little switch was turned into a different position. I switched it back and could hear the fan running then. I drove it around a little bit. The gauge went over the middle mark. It didn't run hot as fast but I did notice that I was low on coolant. So I just left the van alone until I could get coolant tomorrow.
Sunday, August 9th, 2015 AT 8:22 PM
KHLOW2008
Seems there is a problem with the cooling system and someone has rigged a switch to turn the cooling fan on. Remember to bleed the system once you top up coolant and check for leaks which could be why you were low on coolant.
+1
Monday, August 10th, 2015 AT 6:39 AM
SHADIELNAJDAWI
Hello there. I have a Kia sedona 2002 and I encountered the same problem you have. You will not believe it the cause was a faulty radiator cap. Just as simple as this, so I went and bought a genuine Kia cap put there and that's it, all done.
Just try it and I'm sure it will work
+1
Saturday, December 31st, 2016 AT 4:25 PM
MHPAUTOS
Yes, a pressure cap will make a big difference it does a very important job in the cooling system, with applied pressure the cooling system boiling point is raised, Water boils at 100DegC at sea level, add a 15Ib cap and it will raise the boiling point to around 121Deg C so cooling systems can operate at higher temps with out boiling, but each engine is designed to run at a specific temp so the correct thermostat and cap are very critical to correct cooling and maintaining operating temps.
Saturday, December 31st, 2016 AT 10:10 PM