TURNS OVER BUT WILL NOT START

1995 Ford Taurus

stonecold8

May, 16, 2013 AT 8:14 AM

My 95 Taurus sat for about 9 weeks. Charged the battery and cranked it. It ran for about 45 minutes then shut down. Tried about 3 times to crank it and decided to give it a rest. About 1 hour later cranked it and it ran for about 20 minutes and died. Tried about 7 or 8 times to crank it, no joy. I then replaced the fuel filter and put in injector and whole system cleaner, added about 5 gallons of fresh gas. Again no joy. I then checked the fuel pressure by accessing the Schrader valve. Depressed it and it went between 6 and 8 inches in the air. Tried again and it still would not crank. I replaced the distributor cap and rotor button. Still no joy. The fuel pump runs for its normal amount of time. I have exhausted my knowledge on this subject. I need help but cannot afford a local mechanic. Can my car be helped? I do not want to scrap it, I cannot afford to buy another.

hmac300

May, 16, 2013 AT 9:33 AM

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge and auto parts scan for codes for free

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement