Complete no spark situation

HT3HMF@GMAIL.COM
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORD
I am trying to help out a grandma. Just wanted to know if top dead center/camshaft sensors both a and b no signal codes would result in a complete no spark situation. She has her grand kids living with her, been without a car for nearly a month and had hack mechanics tells her everything from needs a new computer to I do not even remember. After that they stop showing up. I am in the middle of an engine swap on my truck, do not have any tools not over with that project and I just want to at least give her the actual facts of her problem.
Friday, July 20th, 2018 AT 9:33 AM

Hi and thanks for using 2CarPros. Com.

Based on both sensors being bad, yes the vehicle will not run. If you scan the computer and find a P1362 and P1367, chances are they are the issue for the no start.

To confirm the sensors are bad, back probe the harness to determine if there is a 5 volt signal. If there is, check the sensors for resistance. It should be between 1850 to 2450 Ohms of resistance. If it does not fall within the manufacturer's specs, replace them. I have actually found them often times to have no continuity.

I hope you find this helpful. Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care,

PS: I attached a picture of sensor location if you need it.
Friday, July 20th, 2018 AT 7:54 PM

Sponsored links