Transmission speed sensor location

JRHACK
  • 2010 HONDA CIVIC
Where exactly on the transmission is the speed sensor?
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 AT 3:24 PM

STEVE W.
Which one? There is an input shaft speed sensor and an output shaft speed sensor. The input sensor is on the side of the transmission and monitors the main input shafts speed. The output shaft speed sensor is on top of the transmission.
What is the issue you are having?
+2
Monday, July 24th, 2017 AT 2:59 AM
JRHACK
It is the output speed sensor.
+1
Monday, July 24th, 2017 AT 4:19 PM
JRHACK
Thank you Steve.
Monday, July 24th, 2017 AT 4:25 PM
STEVE W.
That one is easy to get to. Speedometer not working or issues shifting?
+4
Monday, July 24th, 2017 AT 8:22 PM
MARIPR37
  • 2001 HONDA CIVIC
I have a 2001 Honda civic and the transmission went bad. What type of transmission should I be looking for? Can I use a transmission from another Honda and another year other than 2001?
Sunday, February 3rd, 2019 AT 12:36 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
Those between 2001 and 2005 should be compatible. Use the transmission identification code from original as the base for sourcing the parts. That would be the most accurate.
MARIPR37
Thank u for answering me but, where do I see the transmission identification code?
KHLOW2008
The transmision code and serial numbers are located on top of the transaxle as shown in diagram. Sorry if the picture is not too clear.
BLCLANCY
  • 2000 HONDA CIVIC
At the same time, my malfunction light-forgive me I think thats what its called- came on, and the symbol for drive4 started blinking. The light is the one it says is an emissions system failure. I recently lost my muffler and part of the exhaust pipe, up to the catalytic convertor, so I can understand if thats why, although it never came on before. But the gear symbol is blinking, even if its in a different gear. And I think it might not have first gear at all, but im not sure. And then my speedometor stopped working also. I dont know if those are connected at all or just happened at the same time, but if you have any insight please let me know.
F4I_GUY
You lost your exhaust?

Then the MIL is on with a few oxygen sensor codes.

If D4 is blinking at you, it's a transmission code.

It sounds like you have a whole wack load of problems. Get all the systems scanned for DTCs
Sunday, February 3rd, 2019 AT 12:37 PM (Merged)
BLCLANCY
I didnt lose my exhaust. It just isnt attached to the car at the moment. I just got the parts in and planned to reconnect everything by welding it-good or bad idea?-But before I could all these problems started. And then I lost all my gauges, like the speedometer and rpm and all that, and then the battery died. The auto parts store I took it to for them to diagnose the emission problem told me I needed a new battery, and jumped it, but when I stopped at a light, it died and wouldnt restart or be jumped.
MENOCAL67@YAHOO.COM
  • 2002 HONDA CIVIC
I have a problem whit code 1773
KHLOW2008
Hi menocal67@yahoo. Com,

DTC P1773: PROBLEM IN A/T CLUTCH PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE B CIRCUIT (2001-03 MODELS)
NOTE:
" Record all freeze data before you troubleshoot.
" This code is caused by an electrical circuit problem and cannot be caused by a mechanical problem in the transmission.

1. Disconnect A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve B connector (2P).

2. Measure A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve B resistance at the solenoid valve connector.

Is the resistance 3 10 ©?

YES - Go to step 3.
NO - Replace the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve A and B.

3. Disconnect PCM connectors B (24P) and C (22P).

4. Check for continuity between PCM connector terminal B16 and body ground, and between terminal C8 and body ground.

Is there continuity?

YES - Repair short to ground in the wires between PCM connector terminals B16, C8, and the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve B.

NO - Go to step 5.

5. Connect A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve B connector.

6. Measure the resistance between PCM connector terminals B16 and C8.

Is the resistance 3-10 ©?

YES - Go to step 7.

NO - Repair loose terminal or open in the wires between PCM connector terminals B16 and C8, and the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valve B.

7. Disconnect PCM connector A (31P).

8. Check for continuity between PCM connector terminal A23 and body ground, and between terminal A24 and body ground.

Is there continuity?

YES - Check for loose terminal fit, and repair if necessary. Update the PCM if it does not have the latest software, or substitute a known-good PCM, then recheck. If the symptom/indication goes away with a known-good PCM, replace the original PCM.

NO - Repair open in the wire between PCM connector terminals A23, A24, and ground (G101), or repair poor ground (G101).