Transmission does not shift out of first gear

ANTHONY SCOTT RICHARDS
  • 2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I just had the transmission rebuilt and it won't shift out of 1st. The fluid is good. I've changed the speed sensors. I've checked all the wires and connections. I had ECM checked that was good. All the solenoids in transmission have been changed. Still the RPM's go high but it won't shift. Can the crank shaft solenoid be the problem? Also no codes come up for the problem. I also replaced the TIPS.
Friday, June 26th, 2020 AT 10:01 AM

KEN
I have seen a bad fluid pressure switch cause this issue. Here is the location so you can check it out. Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
Sunday, June 28th, 2020 AT 11:22 AM
ANTHONY SCOTT RICHARDS
I've already checked the pressure switch or solenoid. This weekend I took my meter and checked the current going to the three speed sensors. The wires going to the in put and out put sensors where okay. The one that go's the the vehicles speed sensor was low on ohms. I followed it all the way to where it go's in to the ECM I checked it just before it go's in and it was low all the way to there. When I turn the ignition on the Ohms drop to no current witch was already real low. I did take the truck to the healer to have the EUM checked it they said there's no problem with it. So now I don't know what the problem could be. I've also checked all the grounds unless there's one that's on the ECM that I don't know about.
Monday, June 29th, 2020 AT 3:27 PM
KEN
Here is the wring diagrams for the transmission and a guide to help you test them to confirm, if anything check out the transmission is having an issue internally and should be replaced/rebuilt. Make sure there is power at the fuses in the wiring diagrams

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

This video will help walk you through the transmission remove and replace:

https://youtu.be/3vJAojsrfuU

Check out the diagrams (below). Please run this test and get back to us.
Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 AT 11:53 AM

Sponsored links