EC PO102 MASS OR VOLUME AIR FLOW CIRCUIT

2005 Toyota Sienna

TomN66

2005 Toyota Sienna 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 97000 miles

When you try to acelerate, the engine smothers. There are two other readings given to me by Advance Auto. Fuel system 1 - open loop. Fuel system 2 - open loop. The o-ring was bad on the MAF. I changed it, but no help. The floor in my garge is cold black from the sputtering exhaust, when you acelerate.

merlin2021

Can you give us the codes? Not the definition by advance auto? This open loop statement mens the engine is being prevent from enter closed(warm) engine operation, USUALLY due to bad 02 sensor(s).

TomN66

The only code is PO102

merlin2021

January, 6, 2010 AT 2:40 AM

Read freeze frame data using the hand-held tester or the OBD II scan tool, as freeze frame data records the engine conditions when a malfunction is detected. When troubleshooting, it is useful for determining whether the vehicle was running or stopped, the engine was warmed up or not, the air- fuel ratio was lean or rich, etc. at the time of the malfunction. 1. READ VALUE OF HAND-HELD TESTER OR OBD II SCAN TOOL (MASS AIR FLOW RATE) a. Connect the hand-held tester or the OBD II scan tool to the DLC3. b. Start the engine. c. Push the hand-held tester or the OBD II scan tool main switch ON. d. Select the item "DIAGNOSIS/ENHANCED OBD II/DATA LIST/ALL/MAF" and read its value displayed on the hand-held tester or the OBD II scan tool. Result:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_p0102_1.jpg

Check your email, a full description is sent as PDF.

Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995