4WD V-6 TRUCK 116,000 MILES

1992 Toyota Pickup

aedwar1

April, 17, 2006 AT 8:15 PM

I was driving down the road & my ac went out. I don't have a broken belt, or blown fuse. Coolant pressure is good. But when you push the ac button it will not light up, nor will the compressor come on.

4 Wheel Drive

1 ANSWER

losone

April, 18, 2006 AT 5:43 PM

There are several ways to verify the compressor is good. One is to activated with 12V and the other is to take coill resistance which should be about 3-5 ohms. If you activare the compressor verify that the pressures should read about 35 low and 150 high + or -

That Toyota also has an A/C amplifier controller which have been known to go bad. It is a black box about the size of a big cigarette pack and is located in a slot in the evaporator housing behind the glove compartment.

The A/C circuit for you truck is a bit complicated. I will be glad to send a schematic if you want.

All A/C relays and fuses are located behind the glove compartment. There is a 10A A/C fuse in that fuse block #3 that you might have missed. Good luck and let me know.

aedwar1

April, 18, 2006 AT 7:00 PM

What does the a/c amplifier controller do? I found the fuses, and as soon as I engage the a/c it blows. I would appreciate a copy of the electrical schmatic of the a/c circuit.

losone

April, 18, 2006 AT 9:03 PM

Disconnect the compresor and try it. If the fuse doesn't blow you have a bad coil in the compressor

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
CV Axle Replacement
Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads