Brake Light Fuse

NYLATINSOUL
  • 2001 TOYOTA COROLLA

Please tell me where is the brake light located in my car? Thank you.
Saturday, February 20th, 2010 AT 2:40 AM

The brake light fuse is the stop fuse 15amp in the instrument panel junction block behind left side of dash at lower finish panel-If the fuse is okay -check and test the brake switch

Heres a guide on using a test light , it will help

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Attached below you will find the fuse block location and fuse ID
Saturday, February 20th, 2010 AT 6:18 AM
STICKBALL
  • 2001 TOYOTA COROLLA
2001 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

this is a follow up.I still have same problem. Third light works but left and right still out. At first all three lights were not working. Third light bulb burnt. Replaced and now ok. Fuses ok. Sockets ok bulbs ok. Wiring seems ok. No juice showing in either left or right. Sprayed all contacts. Is there another fuse I should look at? Also would the brake pedal switch have anything to cause this? What else is causing this problem?
Wednesday, March 27th, 2019 AT 5:46 PM (Merged)
Check if the green and white wire is open between the joint connector in the junction block at left kick panel to the brake switch or to the bulb sockets
MATT FLEMING
  • 2005 TOYOTA COROLLA
My Toyota Corolla's rear driver-side brake light doesn't work. The bulb itself, is good, but when the brake pedal is depressed, the light doesn't get brighter. The only fuse that the owner's manual calls out is common to both the high brake light and the other sides brake light (which both work fine). Any ideas on what can be wrong or things I can check?
MMPRINCE4000
Remove bulb, hook up multimeter to connector contacts in DC volt mode (select 20V mode) have someone depress brake pedal, you should have 12V at connector. If not, then there may be a short in wiring, or open circuit in the brake light housing.
BOOSMOM
  • 2001 TOYOTA COROLLA
When turning off the engine and putting the car in park the tail lights WILL NOT turn off. Everything else (including the head lights) Turns off. I cannot locate the brake light fuse panel. Is it under the dashboard of my car?
If it's brake lights check the switch not the fuse. The switch may be bad or hangning up. Or it's out of adjustment.02-.09"
+1
STICKBALL
  • 2001 TOYOTA COROLLA
All three rear lights were out.I checked all fuses are ok. I than found third light bulb burnt.I replaced bulb and it is working but both brake lights still out. All wiring seems to be ok. Whats the problem?
MMPRINCE4000
Inspect brake light housing in rear, look for dark or burnt areas, indicating a short or loss of ground.

Check for 12V at wiring harness with pedal depressed.
+1
RIALD0
  • 2002 TOYOTA COROLLA
Parking lights and brake lights stay on. The only way I have gotten them to turn off is by removing the 15A fuse on the fuse panel to the left of the steering wheel. I have tried everything from all of the other message boards. I removed the DRL relay which does not turn them off, I unplugged every relay under the hood and under the dash on the driver side and none of them turned these lights off. The only thing that works is removing that fuse. The only other solution I have seen posted is that the ground wires are not functioning properly. Please advise.
KHLOW2008
Hi riald0,

Can you let me know which fuse was removed?

Did you check the brake switch? Unplug it to see if the lights goes off.
+1
RIALD0
I removed the 15A "tail" fuse. And to clarify it is not the brake lights that stay on it is the tail lights and front parking lights that stay on. And yeah I did unplug the brake switch with no results. I just realized that it may be the switch that controls the parking lights, but I do not know for sure.
KHLOW2008
At the rear of the fuse box where you pulled the fuse, there is a taillight relay. It could be sticking and causing the taillights to stay on intermittently.

Try swapping the taillight relay to see if it resolves the problem.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_FuseDash02CorollaFig07b_1.jpg

To test if it is the light switch, unplug the light switch connector under the steering column and light would go off if it is the cause.
+1
MIKE N CHRISTY EUBANKS

I am having same issue with all parking lights stuck on front and back. I have changed the driving lights module the two relays backside of interior fuse box, headlights relay engine compartment fuse box, and multi-function switch on column, nothing has worked. Any other ideas? Only way to turn them off is pull 15amp fuse for them.

Thanks for any help!

Mike
KEN
Are you sure you got the right relay does the light go off when you remove the relay? Here is a wiring diagram so you can see how the system works and the location of the relay.

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
+1
ARAZZA
  • 1999 TOYOTA COROLLA
Hi,
The break lights on my corolla won't turn off. I have checked under the hood and located the break switch but can't tell if it's stuck or is supposed to be that way. The switch is blue in color and I tried to jiggle and press it just in case but nothing. Might it be something else other than the break switch? If it's still the break switch, do you have a diagram that would show how it's suppose to look like?
The cost to fix it is $100 and I am not paying that if I can do it myself.
Thank you so much
WRENCHTECH
If you were under the hood, then you weren't looking at the brake light switch. The brake light switch is under the dash at the brake pedal. What happens to these is that there is a rubber bumper that the switch rests against and they fall off. You can glue something it it's place or get another one from the dealer if that turns out to be what it is.
+6
JOSHMAZZA15
  • 1999 TOYOTA COROLLA
  • RWD
My break lights are staying on and draining my battery when the cars off. I've disconnected the battery for now. Ive adjusted the nut as much as possible behind the break pedal so the button would get pressed. It seemed to work for a bit, but the lights are back on again. Do I have to replace the break light switch, and if so how do I do that?
Wednesday, March 27th, 2019 AT 5:47 PM (Merged)
Same way you adjusted it just disconnect electrical and remove nut pull switch out. You may have to remove brake pedal pin to get clearance see pics for adjustment.
+2