1999 Toyota Corolla electrical

BIGAL2WIN
  • 1999 TOYOTA COROLLA
I sent a message the other day, my problem is?My park lights & tail lights stay on.

I have replace my head light switch, brake switch. You guy, told me to replace my head light relay switch. Still the lights stay on.

please help.
Monday, February 23rd, 2009 AT 3:49 PM

RACEFAN966
Ok first I have not helped you yet some else helped you before. So I will need some info so I can try to better help you. Now first off do you have a digital multi meter? Next what model of corrolla do you have ie a LE, CE or what and look on the drivers door and let me know if it was Canadian made or? Get back to me and we will go from there. You may need to do some tests with the multi meter so if you can't or don't feel comfortable enough doing that let me know.
Monday, February 23rd, 2009 AT 4:03 PM
BIGAL2WIN
Yes, I do have a muti-meter.

Model is a ce.

I could not fine what country its from. All I saw is it was made @new united motors.
Monday, February 23rd, 2009 AT 6:27 PM
BIGAL2WIN
I e-mail and donated twice.I have a problem w/ the park lights and tail lights staying on.

I have replaced the light switch, brake switch, and was told by one your guys to replace the light relay switch.

Toyota CE did not see what country it was made in all I saw it made @ new united motor.

Yes I have a meter.
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 AT 1:31 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok best I can tell this is a canadian made toyota. I need to know if it has daytime running lights? Get back to me as the daytime relay box is what I would like test to see if it is bad. Thanks.
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 AT 8:37 PM
BIGAL2WIN
Yes it has daylight running lights.

Thank u for getting back to me.

So should I replace the daylight running switch or box?

I will wait for reply
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 AT 9:23 PM
RACEFAN966
No I do not want to just replace parts. Lets put you digital multi meter to work and do a couple of tests to make sure weather or not that is the problem ok. Now under the hood on the radiator support on the right (passanger) side there is a relay. This is the daytime running light relay. Let test this first. You need to check the power in this will be the red and white wire, this should be constant power if I am reading right. The red and black wire should be power when the key is on. If that is not true then it maybe the other way around the wiring diagram is not totally clear. Now your red and blue wire is power out. So if both the red and white as well as the red and black wire have power all the time then we need to look into the DRL Module. But if only one has power when the key is off but yet the red and blue wire is still sending power then we will need to unplug this relay and see if the light then turn off. If so then we will do a ohms test on the relay. This is a 4 term relay.
The ohms test will go as follows. So set you meter to ohms and check for continuity between term 1 (this is the where the red and blue wire connects to it) and term 3 (red and black wire). Then between term 1 and term 4 (red and white wire). If there is continuity between any of those then the relay has stuck closed and needs to be replaced. Get back to me and we check the DRL module next if that test good.
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 10:57 AM
BIGAL2WIN
Hello, racefan966
I tested the power we have constant power to the red-white wire.

No power red -blk

constant power to red-blue

blk-blue has no power

unplug relay had lights

I also tested all relays switches their good even. Even the drl relay switch tested good
Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 2:49 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok there is also a relay behind the glove box for the daytime running lights have you checked that one? If not then please do. The light green and black wire going to it should only have power when the key is in the on possition. Let me know what you find and we will go from there.
Friday, February 27th, 2009 AT 10:04 AM
BIGAL2WIN
Ok I pulled out the box saw no switch that looked like the other relay switches. There was a big bar like thing under their. Would it be in back of that. If so, do I have to take out the air bag.

If the bag has to come out does it just pop out and is it safe to pop it out. Cause I took out all of the screws that I could see. But it didn't seem to want to come out.

Do I need a tool to remove it.
Friday, February 27th, 2009 AT 6:26 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok then lets not go there as I would rather not pull the air bag. Have you found the dtr module? Get back to me and I will look up the test for that and see what that tells us.
Saturday, February 28th, 2009 AT 9:45 AM
BIGAL2WIN
Hello racefan966
it was the relay ass. Switch in the dash. Thank u very much for your help. All lights are working fine.

Now I have a new problem!
Drove the car today and it seem like all to the brakes we're like locking up. Pull over and call a tow trk. To get me home. The driver get in and said the brakes fill hard to him. He reach down and grab the brake pedal and shock it hard and car was driving fine.
Now I don't know if it was because he shock it or my be because we we're waiting for an hour for the driver had to get there had anything to do w/it. He also mention something about this shifter button next to shifter might have something to w/ it.
If u can help please do
thank u
Thursday, March 5th, 2009 AT 6:55 PM
RACEFAN966
Ok first glad to the hear the lights are back in order. Now on your other problems thats strange. Now if I understand right the brake pedal was hard? So the tow truck driver shook the pedal and now it is fine? I would think that maybe the booster had frozen water in it or it for some reason the booster didn't equalize the pressure and vacuum so it applied itself or what. But if it happens again try to unplug the vacuum line to the booster under the hood and plug it back in and see if that fixes it and get back to me then.
Thursday, March 5th, 2009 AT 8:23 PM
BIGAL2WIN
Attn: racefan966

hello sorry I didnt get back to u. Yes it was was the brake booster everything is all good thank a mill.
Wednesday, March 11th, 2009 AT 7:29 PM
RACEFAN966
Thanks for the update. I am glad it is all working again. If you have any other problems or questions feel free to get back to me. Again thanks for your support.
Thursday, March 12th, 2009 AT 10:20 AM