FX WON'T START

1987 Toyota Corolla

jchamberlain

April, 16, 2006 AT 2:22 PM

The car will start when cold, and run fine once it starts. But once it gets hot, if you stop for 30 mins - 1 hr or so, then try to start the car, it will crank, but not start.

to get it started I have to add carb cleaner directly to the carburator.

what is the problem, I bought a new fuel filter, and it ran fine for a day or so. But I just got stuck today.

it ran fine once it got started.

jchamberlain

April, 16, 2006 AT 2:49 PM

It runs fine once it starts

cris02

June, 20, 2006 AT 1:27 PM

If you find out what the problem is please post it b/c I have been having the same problem; I have posted like 4 threads and I haven't gotten any responses. My camry has been to 2 shops and still nothing.

jchamberlain

June, 20, 2006 AT 1:40 PM

I fixed three things and it seems to be running fine.

One, it seems to get water in the the carbourator, so I add water remover from time to time.

Two the carbourator pre heat hose had delaminated, thus clogging it (outside looked fine, but inside came undone and closed up).

3rd I was getting flooding because the bolt holding down my caebuerator broke, when I tried to start it hot it flooded the engine.

From time to time it takes a few extra seconds to start, but now it always does. Hope that helps.

Reply if you found something that fixes everything.

cris02

June, 20, 2006 AT 4:57 PM

Thanks I am going to check the carb. I'll let you know

jchamberlain

June, 22, 2006 AT 5:56 AM

I should also say that I check/ replaced the obvious things. Timing, fuel filter, air filter etc

June, 25, 2006 AT 6:13 PM

Maybe your automatic choke is binding-closing off the choke plate when hot creating the no start

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe