Door Locks not working

MELTOFF
  • 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY
The door lock button will lock all 4 doors when pushed, but when pushed to open only the drivers door opens. Its the same with the remote. All doors will lock but only the drivers will open. I have changed the locking program to no avail. Occasionally, when driving the car and pushing the unlock button, all the doors will open. But the next time or two you lock the doors, only the drivers door opens automatically.
Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 AT 9:08 AM

KHLOW2008
Hi meltoff,

There are three fuses that run the system we need to check but it sounds like the BCM is out but to be sure here is a guide to show you how to check for power and the door lock wiring diagrams so you can see what to test and how the system works along with the fuse locations below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Here is how you change out the BCM is it tests bad. You will need to have it programmed before it gets installed. Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 AT 12:06 PM
ZANYJB
Thanks for this post I had the same problem and had to get a body ECU cost me $298.00 all fixed! I love this site.
Monday, August 12th, 2019 AT 5:44 PM
NORTON72
  • 2003 TOYOTA CAMRY
Good morning,
The door locks on the driver side both doors do not lock or un lock from either the remote or the interior locking mechanism. I have checked the fuses and they are good. Do you have any suggestions? Also could I take this to an electrician to fix? Or to ring out the lines?
Thanks for all of your help
Monday, August 12th, 2019 AT 5:45 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
Hi Norton72,

Symptoms indicates the door lock motor ( actuator ) is malfunctioning and it could be the wirings or the motor itself.

Here are the test you can carry out.

POWER DOOR LOCK MOTOR
1.Remove door panel for access to door lock motor assembly. Disconnect 10-pin electrical harness connector from door lock assembly.

2.Using jumper wires, apply battery voltage and ground to specified terminals on door lock assembly and check that door lock motor moves door lock link to UNLOCK position. Reverse jumper wires so polarity is reversed and check that door lock motor moves door lock link to LOCK position. See Fig. 10 . Replace door lock assembly if operation is not as specified.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_DoorLock03CamryFig10_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_DoorLock03CamryFig10a_1.jpg

+2
NORTON72
Are the two door locks in series or not? If they are in series can the cause be one of the two actuators?
KHLOW2008
All door lock motors are in parallel so if any stops working, it would not affect others.
+1
DAULUA
Hi,
I have the same problem with my 2003 camry, 4cyl. The driver's door locks & unlocks, but the remaining 3 only lock. They will NOT UNLOCK. I tested the 10 pin connection on the pass front door motor, as per your instructions, but mine didn't work the same way. (1 & 4) and (4 & 1) actuated the motor(lock/unlock). None of the others worked. I checked the wiring at the door jam but all looked good. Some other websites think it is in the computer or bdu or edu or whatever Also I've changed that passenger side lock/latch mechanism and that is not the problem as the one I took out worked the same way. Please help as I have had this problem for a number of years.
-1
KEN

The BCM runs the door locks and I have seen problems with the BCM in these cars. But to be sure here is a guide to see where you are losing power at.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Here are the door lock wiring diagrams see when signal is lost.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
DAULUA
Thanks for the diagrams I tested and found the BCM to be bad I got a used one for 150.00 and everything works great thanks for the help.
MCLEANROBERTS
I also have difficulty with the door locks operating properly. But only when the body of my 2004 Camry LE is warm/hot. Sounds strange, but it's fine in cool/cold months. When it's hot, I can only lock the 4 doors, and only unlock the driver's door! I was told by my spot-on mechanic (I've used them for years), that it was the BCM that was "going bad" and that I'd see other symptoms develop over time. That was 3+ yrs ago, and no other probs have developed. I tried to find a used BCM, but it seems they are very model specific. Can anyone confirm 1) if the BCM is the prob here? And 2) if so, how can I find a used BCM with the correct numbers on it? Seems like it might be more of a relay switch problem that is sensitive to temperature. Ideas? Thanks.
+1
KEN
When you say lock and unlock do you use the remote or the switch on the drivers door?
MCLEANROBERTS
Hi Ken,
Both the key fob (remote) and driver's side door switch function in an identical manner. Either the doors unlock (cool car body) or do not. I can lock all doors anytime I want (hot or cold body)!
Thanks.
KEN
This sounds like the master door lock switch module is going out. I would try a used one to save money. Here is how it is changed out in the diagrams below.
JOEESKIMO
  • 2000 TOYOTA CAMRY
My mother was using the remote key fob and hit the wrong buttons and the car security system disabled itself. We got the car to run but the interior lights, key illumination and door locks do not function and the key fob does not work to lock or unlock the doors. I must use the key to unlock the car. The interior lights also do not work when the door is open or when the key unlocks the door. Is this the Integration relay or something else?
Check battery in key fob first may be low then try it if it works fine or auto parts can test it. If it still does not work a mechanic will need to scan for codes to see if it is a module problem or not.
Also, for lights and maybe anti theft it could be the integration relay, but if that does not fix it have it scanned. But, check key fob first.
JOEESKIMO
I scanned the vehicle myself with a obd2 scanner and no trouble codes came up.
Then try the relay as both of those items go through that.
+1
AHRGEE
  • 2000 TOYOTA CAMRY
2000 Toyota Camry, 65K Miles, 4cyl, Auto
About 6 weeks ago, the door locks began to unlock by themselves spontaneously. This happens only when the car is in motion and mostly when the car accelerates harder or at higher speeds (e.G. 77+ MPH) and when the taking a a harder turn.

When it does happen, the dashboard indicator light flickers, indicating that a door is open.

I have carefully closed all doors and trunk but this did not work.

Any help would be much appreciated.
FISHERMAN
Hello !

Question "unlock or open"?

Which door?
All the doors?

Or its just the "door open" dash board light?

Let us Know !