Yes, that can be due to faulty forward clutches.
Here is a description of the removal procedure.
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove battery, air cleaner assembly and air cleaner case. Disconnect throttle valve cable from throttle body. Remove cruise control actuator with mounting bracket from body.
2. Raise and support vehicle. Disconnect necessary electrical connectors and ground cables for transaxle removal. Disconnect shift cable and oil cooler lines at transaxle. Remove shift cable clamp bracket from transaxle.
3. Remove front (radiator side) engine mount shock absorber-to-lower frame assembly bolts. Remove front (radiator side) engine mount-to-lower frame assembly bolts/nuts. Remove starter.
4. Remove 4 upper transaxle-to-cylinder block bolts. Support engine with hoist. Steering gear assembly must be supported in place during transaxle removal. Secure steering gear assembly to engine hoist using an attaching strap placed at each end of steering gear assembly.
5. Remove front wheels. Remove front exhaust pipe located between exhaust manifolds and rear exhaust pipe. Drain transaxle fluid. Remove axle shafts from transaxle. See appropriate AXLE SHAFTS article in AXLE SHAFTS & TRANSFER CASES section.
6. Remove rear (firewall side) engine mount-to-lower frame assembly bolts/nuts. Remove transaxle mount-to-transaxle bolts at driver's side end of transaxle.
7. Remove stabilizer bar mount bracket-to-lower frame assembly bolts. Remove steering gear assembly-to-lower frame assembly bolts/nuts. Support lower frame assembly with floor jack. Lower frame assembly is located below engine and transaxle.
8. Remove bolts for each fender liner from lower frame assembly. Remove lower frame assembly mounting brackets. Lower frame assembly mounting brackets are located on front and rear of lower frame assembly and attach lower frame assembly to body. Remove lower frame assembly.
9. Support transaxle with transmission jack. Remove torque converter cover from front of transaxle. Remove torque converter bolts. Remove exhaust manifold support brace from rear of exhaust manifold. Remove remaining transaxle-to-cylinder block bolts. Lower transaxle from vehicle.
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 AT 4:09 PM