1997 Toyota Camry

CARHELP7
  • 1997 TOYOTA CAMRY
1997 Toyota Camry 182704 miles

Hi, I have a 1997 Toyota Camry. Two times now, my car needed a jump before it will start. This has never happened before. I didn't leave the light on, I have gas in my car, and the car starts nicely after I jump start it for 5 minutes. I am thinking that it could have something to do with the wires because my car's MP3 player doesn't start now, even if the car is running. I have noticed that my car has gotten louder lately, and when I turn the wheels it makes a louder engine sound. Do you know what might be wrong?
Thursday, December 6th, 2007 AT 10:13 AM

MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

Start looking at the condition of the battery, get it load tested, check all terminals and earths. Check the alternator charge rate, if low the battery will not re charge. Have the exhaust inspected for leaks, when all electrical issues are resolved, have a look at the power supply and earths for you MP3 player, this may be a separate issue.

Mark (mhpautos) :D
Thursday, December 6th, 2007 AT 3:45 PM