I REPLACED THE BATTERY AND HAD THE STARTER AND ...

1994 Toyota Camry

tslcstacy

December, 24, 2012 AT 6:39 PM

I REPLACED THE BATTERY AND HAD THE STARTER AND ALTERNATOR CHECKED, ALL CHECKED FINE. THE ONLY WAY THAT I CAN START THE CAR IS TO JUMP START IT. WHEN I SHUT IT OFF IT WILL NOT DO ANYTHING, NO INTERIOR LIGHTS, NO DASH LIGHTS, NOTHING. HAVE ANY IDEAS?

saturntech9

December, 24, 2012 AT 6:48 PM

Was the alternator tested in the car or out of the car?Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?

tslcstacy

December, 25, 2012 AT 5:54 PM

IT WAS TESTED OUTSIDE THE CAR BY A PARTS STORE. HE SAID THE OUPUT WAS A LITTLE LOW.5V, BUT IT PASSED THE TEST.I DO HAVE A MULTI METER.I TRIED REMOVING THE NEGATIVE LEAD ON THE BATTERY OVER NIGHT AND HAD POWER WHEN I HOOKED IT BACK UP BUT STILL NOT ENOUGH TO START THE CAR. IF I LEAVE THE BATTERY HOOKED UP IT KILLS THE BATTERY SITTING THERE NOTHING ON.

saturntech9

December, 25, 2012 AT 6:09 PM

Never unhook the battery cable with it running on a computer controled car you can damage the computer. With it idling measure the voltage at the battery?

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon