1995 TOYOTA CAMRY BLACK SMOKE COMES OUT OF THE TAILPIPE

• O2 sensor
  • 1995 Toyota Camry

1995 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

Hi! my 95 toyota camry has Black smoke comes out of the tailpipe when I push the gas.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/573699_aaa_1.jpg

and the idle is below 1 and the engine keeps making sound like Bak Bak Bak at the tailpipe and also the oil turns black after a week or less, and i did a compression test and all cylinder were like 185 PSi and one of the spark plugs has oil on it and all them were black and burnt and the red Arrow on the picture there like three hoses when i pulled them out the idle goes back to 1 rpm and when i put them back the idle gets missed up and drops to near 0 and i belive one of those hoses come from a thing like a sensor or some electronic unit and the one other hose comes from the Brake booster. So Please Any help would really be appreciat it

Thursday, September 16th, 2010 AT 8:16 PM

• rasmataz

Sounds like its running too rich-check the injector/s and the fuel pressure regulator if its leaking

Friday, September 17th, 2010 AT 3:28 AM
  • O2 sensor

Hi, So don't you think I have some block damage or pistons? And how can I fix the running rich fuel? I tested the injectors with stethoscope and they clicks when the car idles.

Friday, September 17th, 2010 AT 5:35 AM
  • rasmataz

Pull the vacuum hose from the fuel pressuer regualtor and check if it has gas-also could be the oxygen sensor or the coolant temperature sensor stuck in the open loop mode giving fuel when not needed-

If it continues it will ruin the engine cylinders/washed out-check your oil if it has gas

Friday, September 17th, 2010 AT 5:40 AM
  • O2 sensor

No gas in the vaccuum line.
I see that there was no coolant and when I add some and after a while its gone and its not leaking and I dont think its the head gasket either but the oil is really black and smells like gas . How do I test the O2 sensor if it works?

Thank you so much

Friday, September 17th, 2010 AT 6:54 PM
  • rasmataz

Double check the injectors if its leaking and also if the fuel return line is clogged causing excessive fuel pressure.

Testing the oxygen sensor:http://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-an-oxygen-sensor-02-sensor

Saturday, September 18th, 2010 AT 2:13 AM