Will not accelerate after it warms up

DSIMS6465
  • 2001 HYUNDAI SONATA
Will not accelerate after warm up, it bogs and shuts off. No DTCs! Cannot attain 3,000 rpm. Crank, cam, and knock sensors, okay. New coils, plugs, wires, ballast resistor, O2 sensors, fuel and air filters.

Dsims6465
Tuesday, July 30th, 2019 AT 1:38 PM

HEYMAN1104
At this age and mileage, the next thing that I would do is to check the fuel pressure. You can borrow a pressure gauge from AutoZone or whatever parts store is nearby. There is a valve that it connects to on the fuel rail. Find the fuse for the pump and pull it. Then try starting the car a few times. Maybe 10 times actually. This relieves the pressure. Then connect your gauge. Now put the fuse back in. Turn the key on and off about 10 times, but do not start the car yet. Leave the key on. Record the pressure.

Now start it and record the pressure again. Record the pressure again when it starts hesitating and dying.

Report those numbers here and I'll look up what it should be. I'd go ahead and get those numbers, but my 3 year old just woke up from his nap and he's angry.
Tuesday, July 30th, 2019 AT 2:09 PM
DSIMS6465
Thanks for the try, but this is not a fuel pressure problem. And the fuel pump has been changed twice with new units. When warm the car will not rev up in neutral! And the problem is somehow temp related. When cold, the car is drivable. Also, the ECU, MAF, CKP, and CMP sensors have been changed. Nothing has changed the behavior.
Tuesday, July 30th, 2019 AT 10:48 PM
KEN
It sounds like the catalytic converter can be clogging when warm but to confirm the issue lets go over this guide to see

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-a-catalytic-converter

Please run down this guide and report back.
Friday, August 2nd, 2019 AT 3:52 PM