CAR WON'T START UNLESS PEDAL IS TO THE FLOO

2001 Saturn SC1

mary31461

February, 6, 2010 AT 5:48 PM

Computer problem
2001 Saturn SC1 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

we replaced the coil pack and spark plugs and wires now we can get it to start but not again unless pedal is to the floor again. Could you please help me with this. Thank-you Mary

saturntech9

February, 6, 2010 AT 6:10 PM

Why did u replace all of the ignition system?Also how did it start before u replaced all that stuff?

mary31461

February, 6, 2010 AT 10:14 PM

Thank-you for replying so quickly. The car ran fine before 2 days ago. Then it wouldn't start so we did the spark plugs and wires and when that did not work we did the coil pack. It will start now but you have to have your foot to the floor and then it catches and then you have to let the motor catch up after you let up on the gas. Just not sure which way to go.
Thanks again,
Mary

updated 3-5-10
Thank-you for your help. The advise you gave me worked out very well.
Thanks again,
Mary

Believe!

saturntech9

February, 7, 2010 AT 11:13 AM

Theres a coolant temp sensor screwed into ur head below where ur upper hose goes unplug that by squeezing it. Look at the coonector if its corroded u will need to replace or clean it. Its real common for the sensors to crack and leak into connectors. The sensor controls how much fuel ur engine gets the cooling fan and even temp gauge. And will cause ur engine to flood. There under 20 to replace if u replace it make sure u get a brass tipped one not a plastic tipped one they crack. Let me know what u find. Thats where I would start.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right