MY SATERN S STALLED AND WILL NOT START IT CRANKS...

2002 Saturn SC1

rio9760

December, 19, 2012 AT 4:38 PM

My satern s stalled and will not start it cranks and will not start I have no spark. I check the basics I check the fuses and relays under the hood they all seem to be good can you give me a lead as to where to go to check the electrical side of the starting procedure

saturntech9

December, 19, 2012 AT 5:07 PM

Most likely you have a bad crank shaft position sensor common on those cars. Do you have a multi meter to test it?

rio9760

December, 21, 2012 AT 5:54 PM

Yes I have a multimeter how do I test it crankshaft sensor? Thanks for the reply

saturntech9

December, 21, 2012 AT 6:03 PM

Across the terminals of the sensor with it unplugged it should be abou 800 ohms when they test bad they usually test as a open circuit let me know what you find.

rio9760

December, 22, 2012 AT 11:23 PM

Well I replaced the crank sensor without testing. (Figured while I was under there I could R& R it) No start. The crank sensor was not the culprit. Where do I go from here? Thanks

rio9760

December, 26, 2012 AT 6:31 PM

Well I changed. The module and my Saturn started right up thanks for the help.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang