AIR CONDITER I THINK

2003 Saturn Ion

monica04

June, 18, 2010 AT 1:14 PM

2003 Saturn Ion 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 71000 miles

For some reason my car shuts off after having the air conditioner on for a couple of minutes. It has happened to me twice in 2 weeks. It will start up again with no problem as long as the a/c is turned off. Can you please help?

A/c 02 L 300

Ac Will Not Turn On!!!

saturntech9

June, 18, 2010 AT 3:13 PM

First of all thank you very much for your donation. When the car is cold see if the center of your a/c clutch turn's freely. Also go to a auto part's store like auto zone and have your code's scanned if you have any code's let me know what the number's are.

monica04

June, 18, 2010 AT 3:38 PM

Can you tell me where the a/c clutch is? Autozone in my state does not provide codes anymore any other option for that.

saturntech9

June, 18, 2010 AT 5:40 PM

I emailed a diagram to your personal email look at the bottom left of the diagram that is your a/c compressor. Really don't have any idea's on how to get your code's for free since they don't do that in your state. They don't do it here in ca as well. Only thing I can think of is pay someone to do it or get a code reader. They basic code reader's that only give you the number's and erase code's for like 40 something. But that's up too you check the a/c compressor first then let me know what you find.

monica04

June, 19, 2010 AT 2:33 PM

The a/c clutch sticks. When it is pushed it will go then stop and you have to really push it to go again.

saturntech9

June, 19, 2010 AT 7:06 PM

So you think your a/c clutch is sticking or your compressor is freezing up?Why don't you go to the auto part's store and spin one of the new compressor's so you can get an idea of what it's supposed to feel like. Let me know what you find.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Cabin Air Filter Replacement