Relay problem (not firing)

DAWNNETTE
  • 1999 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

I recently (four months ago) rebuilt transmission, then a week later had to put a new fuel pump, then a fuel pressure regulator. It ran fine (minus a little power) for seven hundred and fifty miles.
Now my ignition relay has gone out, or so I thought. I put a new relay, and it is still not firing. And now my battery went dead when it should not have. When I turn the key on, without trying to start it, I keep hearing a spark from around the alternator, and then the battery stopped working.
When it broke down two days ago. My nephew pulled the relay and turned it and put it back in and it started. I do not understand, because I put a new ignition relay and it still does not start.
Please help

Wednesday, January 11th, 2017 AT 9:44 AM

Check to make sure the relay I sin right then try another key it may be that. Not a new key because it will need programming to your truck then check all fuses in under hood fuse box.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Wednesday, January 11th, 2017 AT 12:19 PM