1999 PONTIAC MONTANA CRANKS BUT WON'T START

• jewbub
  • 1999 Pontiac Montana

1999 Pontiac Montana 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

i have replace the fuel pump and tested it to make sure its working and it is I have also tested the coil packs and ingniction moduel. Both are working the car won't start.

Friday, September 10th, 2010 AT 1:11 PM

• rasmataz

Cranks but No Start:

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

+1
Friday, September 10th, 2010 AT 4:17 PM
  • jewbub

Thanks for all your help and it did help turned out to be the ingnition moduel was dead. Thanks again. Now I have another question the fue pump is only working if I wire it hot. It works good when running plenty of preasure just have to wire it hot

Sunday, September 12th, 2010 AT 9:46 AM
  • rasmataz

When the engine starts the fuel pump and oil pressure sending unit powers the fuel pump constantly, check into it-

Sunday, September 12th, 2010 AT 3:55 PM