Van cranks over but wont start

TALL PAUL UC
  • 2005 PONTIAC MONTANA
Changed battery and van cranked up and started about 10 times, all at once it cranks but wont start up. I don't have spark are fuel pressure, battery is strong.I don't know if the alarm system would cause it. Thought it only stopped fuel.I checked fuses and relay as best as I can. Would body module cause this? I appricate any help.
Saturday, April 12th, 2014 AT 12:32 PM

Try resetting anti theft see pic for instructions. If it won't start after doing that then scan for codes and check fuelpressure with a gauge
Saturday, April 12th, 2014 AT 1:04 PM
TALL PAUL UC
Hmac300, tried the things you indicated did not help. Had 15 lb. Fuel pressure, have no spark to plug. Cranks over strong. Have to remove fuse panel to get to battery on these vans, I mean unbolt and move not remove. Im kinda lost lost, any more ideas? I sure need help. Thanks
Monday, April 14th, 2014 AT 12:59 PM
Did you scan for codes? Fuel pressure should 52-59psi chec elec eng andfuel inj fuses in fuse box. Also check ignition relay may not be working. If not these then it must be scanned and can be a fuse box problem or corroded relays it also may be the pcm connection has a problem.
Monday, April 14th, 2014 AT 1:19 PM
TALL PAUL UC
I scanned for codes, no faults. I am going to check fuse panel for damaged wireing and go back over fuses and relays. Is there a fuseable link on wires to ign? Are any where that might cause this? Thanks.
Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 AT 1:24 PM
See pics also elek ign fuse in underhood fuse block. Use a test light so you don't pull fuses out lot easier and faster. Also what is fuel pressure?
Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 AT 2:03 PM
TALL PAUL UC
The fuel pressure is 15 lb. What in the line. Cant hear any pump noise for first squirt. No fire to plugs I had problem when first put battery in. Triped alarm would not even click. Ran a test leaveing key on for 15 20 min. And start this worked, thenstarter jammed for some reason. Pulled off beanch tested it and worked great on bench and after put back on car. Starter still works great. I know it hard for you to tell me just what is wrong, you are not able to hands on it. Iv tried all you have indicated to do. It kick you in the%#$$@@# when you fix one are two thing then fall into another problem. Im open to any ideas. I thought MAYBE body module? Thanks.T.P. Have a good one.
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 AT 1:47 PM
In my previous replies I gave the specs for fuel pressure also reset anti theft with the instructions in previous reply I think it's a fuel problem the pressure should be at fuel rail. I have no other suggestions.
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014 AT 3:12 PM
TALL PAUL UC
Thanks hmac 300. I would go with fuel problem also, but I don't have fire from coil packs. If I got fuel pressure still wont crank. Thanks again
Thursday, April 17th, 2014 AT 12:28 PM