Turn signals dont work

TSTALLER2005
  • PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
I have a 1993 grand prix se 2 door. A few days ago my signals stopped flashing so I had to flash them manually. I replaced the flasher fuse and the signal fuse and checked all my bulbs they where all fine now last night driving it home my signals went out all together they dont even light up when I manually flash them. My hazzards work but not throught my signal switch. Does anyone know why this is or what might be wrong and if its a new switch that I need can someone tell me how to replace it as I dont have the money to take it to the shop and pay hundreds for dollars to have it fixed again. Thanks
Wednesday, August 15th, 2007 AT 9:04 PM

Next thing for you to check is the turn signal flasher relay located behind left side of dash, right of steering column
Saturday, August 18th, 2007 AT 6:47 AM
RCAIN
Hey, I had the same problem w/my 89 GP. Found out that I needed a new turn signal switch. The switch costs around $100.00. That's cheap compared to what the auto shops charge. What you have to do is remove the center panel of your steering wheel w/small screwdriver, disconnect your horn and then unplug your turn signal switch. (Not sure if yours is secure w/screws). It should come right out, but most importantly make sure you mark the placement of the switch w/grease pencil. Installation is reverse steps of removal.
Friday, September 14th, 2007 AT 10:53 PM