GAS TANK

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix

abrim37209@comcast.net

February, 12, 2009 AT 6:35 AM

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I recently had an issue with my 19998 Pontiac Grand Prix when it went up in flames. I was told it was an electrical fire. The entire font end has been burnt to a crisp, however the back end is fine and so is the gas tank that I had just filled up all the way. I have been told that this car has an anti-syphon device somewhere that will not allow me to syphon of this gas and use it for my daughters car. Please give me any information you have on possibly bypassing this if at all possible.

February, 12, 2009 AT 7:08 AM

Take the fuel line loose somewhere, aim into a proper container, use another battery, run B+ to the fuel pump. The B+ wire to the pump should be gray. As long as the pump is ok, you can drain the tank. No sparks around tank or gas container, use a long jumper or jumper cables.

If the fill tube has a hose that connects to the tank, you can take the hose loose from the tank, run siphon hose straight into tank, if you want to do it that way.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado