2006 Pontiac G6 Car wont start

FELSABER
  • 2006 PONTIAC G6
I have had my G6 for about a year and a half. Recenetly the starter began running longer than needed to start the car. Now I'm lucky if it starts at all. The relay hasn't failed, the fuses are still good. I replaced the starter and no effect. Dealers are too expensive to take to and I dont have cash to pay much for repairs. I need my car running soon.
Sunday, August 8th, 2010 AT 12:18 AM

Sounds like hard start ups-verify that the fuel pressure if its within specs-start here
Sunday, August 8th, 2010 AT 1:21 AM
FELSABER
Thanks for the reply. The odd thing about my problem is occasionally it does start like normal. I've continued trying the problem and the starter is pushing the cog to the fly wheel, but not spinning.
Sunday, August 8th, 2010 AT 1:46 AM
Verify if the engine is not locked-up by manually turning the crankshaft pulley 720 degs if it does and the starter is engaging the engine but not turning it over the starter overrunning clutch is slipping that's if battery and connections are all good, if this the case replace the starter
Sunday, August 8th, 2010 AT 5:14 AM

Sponsored links