As far as seeing if you can turn the engine by hand, I ask because I'm questioning if the engine has locked and that's why the starter can't turn it.
As far as removal of the starter, here are the directions. This one is somewhat a pain to remove because of location. Also, make sure none of the wiring to the starter has been melted on the exhaust manifold or damaged in any way. Plus, make sure you disconnect the battery before you start this job.
Here is a link that shows in general how one is removed:
Here are the directions specific to your vehicle for replacement. The attached pics correlate with the directions.
2008 Kia Truck Sorento 4WD V6-3.3L
Vehicle Starting and Charging Starting System Starter Motor Service and Repair Removal and Replacement Repair Procedures
1. Remove the LH exhaust manifold assembly.
2. Supporting the engine with a safety jack, remove the LH side engine mounting bracket.
3. Disconnect the starter cable from the B terminal on the solenoid, and the connector from the S terminal.
4. Remove the 2 bolts (D) holding the starter, then remove the starter (E).
49.0 - 63.7 Nm (5.0 - 6.5 kgf.m, 36.2 - 47.0 lb-ft) - starter mounting(D)
5. Installation is the reverse of removal.
6. Connect the battery negative cable to the battery.
Let me know what you find
Images (Click to enlarge)
Thursday, January 16th, 2020 AT 4:47 PM