1997 Oldsmobile Aurora Overheating issue! Please help!

JENI*RAE
  • 1997 OLDSMOBILE AURORA
Have changed water pump. And thermostat. Still overheated. Removed thermostat and overheated faster! Trying to just trouble shoot before taking in to shop. Last thing I need is for it to be a head-gasket. Any other ideas to help stop overheating?
Friday, July 31st, 2009 AT 8:42 PM

If the radiator is not clogged and cooling fan is working could be airlock try bleeding it don't work, get it block and pressure tested.
Friday, July 31st, 2009 AT 9:22 PM
JENI*RAE
Yea but the only thing is I dont know where to find the bleeder screws. Ive searched online and I just cant figure out where they are so I can bleed it out. Did unscrew cover over radiator and it was clogged. Pretty bad so I got that taken care of. Now I just want to bleed it out to make sure because im 100% sure there is air in there. That and maybe this is caused by air. If I put the cap on the reservoir and tighten it the car overheats faster and when removing the cap( car being hot) there is a lot of steam and coolant that boils out. Is that caused by air in the system or something different?
Saturday, August 1st, 2009 AT 11:18 AM
Its time to get it block and pressure tested to rule out a blown headgasket, cracked head or block. Do you see any white smoke coming out of the exhaust tail?
Saturday, August 1st, 2009 AT 1:26 PM
JENI*RAE
No no smoke or any water coming out of the tail pipe and no water when I check the oil.
Saturday, August 1st, 2009 AT 2:17 PM