No spark

BEARSAUTO1026
  • 1990 HONDA CIVIC
I replaced distributors and it ran then I parked it and tried to start it no spark. I pulled the main and satored and it started only to shutdown again. I have power at the black and yellow wire going into the distributor, but no spark to plugs.
Sunday, January 22nd, 2017 AT 10:38 AM

KEN
Hey BEARSAUTO1026

Im wondering if the timing belt is in tact, can you remove the oil filler cap and cranks the engine over to see if the camshaft is rotating?

Please let me know

Best, Ken
Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 10:11 AM
BEARSAUTO1026
Yes the cam is turning
Monday, February 27th, 2017 AT 10:44 PM
KEN
Is it a new or used distributor? If it was used do you see rust colored dust inside?
Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 AT 11:03 AM
BEARSAUTO1026
No colored dust as I said it was a new distributor I put on sunset time I've replaced the igniter I replace the coil I ran a check on the igniter and on the green wire green and black I have battery voltage on the blue and white I have battery voltage on the Green yellow wire I have continuity on the blue wire I do not have continuity could this be my problem I grounded the blue wire have to distributor but try and still no spark I have signal hat the positive terminal for the coil but the coil does not fire I replace the coil still no fire I yet to check if I'm getting signal from the yellow green wire but what the signal going through the coil indicate that the computer ecm is operating as it's supposed to I put a different a new ignition switch in the car still has no spark do you have any direction that I might pursue to get this done
Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 AT 8:08 PM
KEN
I found this wiring diagram so you can do some testing.

Blk/yel should have power with the ignition on, also disconnect the blue wire and try it in case the tach is shorted out causing the problem.

Let me know,

Best, Ken
-1
Saturday, March 4th, 2017 AT 11:10 AM