Stuck

CRAZYBEAUTIFUL2016
  • 1994 HONDA CIVIC
  • 160 MILES

I was driving an my car died an it won't start but turns over an im not getting any spark

Monday, March 20th, 2017 AT 3:38 PM

STEVE W.

When you crank it does the tachometer move? That is a quick test of the ignition module, if it moves the module is usually working. If it is not moving the the ignition module in the distributor is likely bad. Check the fuses first as it could be as simple as a bad fuse. But the modules do fail quite a bit.

Monday, March 20th, 2017 AT 7:01 PM
CRAZYBEAUTIFUL2016

I didn't think to check the tachometer so I will go do that but if its possibly the fuse do u know what fuse it could be

Monday, March 20th, 2017 AT 7:37 PM
CRAZYBEAUTIFUL2016

When I turned the car over the tachometer did not move

Monday, March 20th, 2017 AT 7:54 PM
STEVE W.

Bad ignition module is the most likely problem. Fuse is number 24 going by the book.

Monday, March 20th, 2017 AT 9:59 PM
CRAZYBEAUTIFUL2016

I replaced the distributor it still wouldn't start the fuse was fine an I can hear the fuel pump kick in still not getting spark

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 AT 9:03 PM
STEVE W.

OK, First, Sorry for the delay in response. Was that a complete distributor with coil and cap/rotor? If so and you're still not getting spark you either have a broken power feed to the distributor or a bad Engine Control Module OR the distributor isn't moving.

Remove the distributor cap and see if the rotor moves when the engine turns over. If it doesn't you will want to check the timing belt. If it has failed you will be doing a lot more work as that is an interference engine and it will have bent valves and damaged parts if the belt failed.

I'll assume it moves
For the power feed, Check for battery voltage on the Black wire with yellow stripe that plugs into the distributor. Should have voltage there with the key on. If you don't you will need to check for battery voltage on the same colored wire in the harness back to the ignition switch, it also powers the fuel pump which you hear so it isn't the switch itself but there are connections inline that could be bad.
(a quick test would be to run a direct battery feed to that wire and see if you get spark)

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Friday, March 24th, 2017 AT 6:40 PM