No heat from heater

HOST
  • 2004 CHEVROLET MALIBU
Started out with not very hot heat. Changed the thermostat worked okay, but was told the actuator was going bad by the shop. Had them change it. They also checked the coolant the core and the hoses. On the way home from the shop it worked fine. Turned the heater off when I parked it. The next morning when I got in and and since then I get nothing but cold air no matter how hot I set it. No fogging. No smell no leakage in or out side no overheating the temperature gauge in the car is perfect.
I do not understand why it worked on the way home fine and after turning off the car the next day nothing.
Sunday, November 18th, 2018 AT 8:23 AM

Hi and thanks for using 2CarPros.

Either the blend air door actuator (which is what I think they replaced) is bad, or it has become disconnected or jammed for some reason. I doubt the heater core has anything to do with this.

If the component has failed, disconnected, or not properly installed, you will not get heat. It is located under the dash on the passenger side of the vehicle. I attached a couple pictures for you to use as a reference. You will need to craw around under there to see if. However, since you just had the work done and it only worked one day, I would take it back.

Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions. Also, once you locate the component, try adjusting the heater in the vehicle and you should feel it working.

Take care,
+1
Sunday, November 18th, 2018 AT 6:52 PM
HOST
I wanted to let Joe know, who answered my no heat Malibu question that after letting the car sit all weekend I got in it this morning and low and behold I had heat. I will check it today at lunch to see if it still works. Do you have any thoughts as to why it worked on the way home from the shop, turned it off overnight then it didn't work. I did as I stated in the last email try several times of turning it way up and changing the flow on a drive before I let it sit all weekend then got in it this morning and I had heat. I am thinking either the thermostat stuck or the blend door stuck. Thoughts?
Monday, November 19th, 2018 AT 10:17 AM
HOST
Okay, the heater is now working for the second time today. I tried it at lunch and it got nice and hot. I will see what happens after work. I do however plan on taking it back to the shop for them to take a look at. Thank you Ken for your input.
Monday, November 19th, 2018 AT 11:57 AM