No crank no start

JASONROBERTS02
  • 2003 DODGE STRATUS
I am having a no crank, no start issue with my car
Here is what I know and what I have done so far:
- Battery is at a full charge and I check it before attempting to start each time I replace something.
- I took out the starter and had an auto parts store test the starter and they said it was perfect (it has about 10,000 miles on it)
- I tested the red battery cable going to the starter and it has full power.
- I tested the trigger cable (not sure if that is what it is called), the cable that should be powered when the key is in the crank position and it is not getting any power when the key is in the crank position.
- I replaced the ignition switch, no change
- I replaced the actuator pin going into the ignition switch, no change
- I replaced the neutral safety switch, no change
- The starter is grounded
What else should I test or replace? What am I missing here?
Thanks for any help or advice that anyone can give on this.
Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 12:44 AM

Try a security system reset first before any electrical stuff if battery was dirty or recently disconnected sets it off sometimes they go off on their own as well. See link.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system
Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 6:50 AM
JASONROBERTS02
I just tried this and no change. What else can I try?
Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 7:57 AM
Check the starter relay in PDC see if it is corroded if it is clean it and use dielectric grease on prongs maybe try tweaking them to fit tighter into PDC. If the brown cable going to starter does not get power then it is a bad connection, fuse box/relay or power-train is not sending signal to start. Which can be a connection/wiring issue.
Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 9:39 AM
JASONROBERTS02
I checked the starter relay and it is good. I even put in another to test it out. I can start the car by jumping the 10 and 11 pin of the starter relay fuse. That leads me to believe it is the neutral safety switch or ignition switch but both were just replaced. I also have an aftermarket alarm and remote lock system but it appears to be working fine. Could it be something in that?
Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 9:46 AM
Yes the security system can be the problem there is already one in your car for anti theft that is why I sent the info on resetting the system with an added one it may be interfering with the current one. So if you can reset it (factory) then (aftermarket) or vice versa try that. Or disconnect aftermarket and see what you have.
Saturday, April 1st, 2017 AT 10:02 AM