No brakes

GROKKER
  • 2006 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I noticed brake fluid on ground (driver's side front). Took to mechanic he replaced 2 sections of brake line going to master cylinder. He tried for a couple of hours to bleed brakes, getting no air out, very little fluid-no pressure. Mechanic said it had to be master cylinder. He replaced it, no change in problem. He tried to bleed brakes again, same thing. Any suggestion as to what to check or look for? Any tests I could run? I'm already out over $100.00 with no brakes still yet!
Thursday, August 8th, 2019 AT 9:12 AM

Welcome to 2CarPros.

I have to be honest, I would have said the master cylinder too. Does the vehicle have ABS? If so, we may have to bleed the ABS unit using a scanner to get it to work properly. Also, I have no idea who has the vehicle. Is it an experienced tech? I hate to ask that, but so many times I get people that have a neighbor fix things and end up with more issues. I hope you understand.

Let me know.

Friday, August 9th, 2019 AT 8:58 AM