A/C not cooling

JACK LANCE
  • 1997 LINCOLN TOWN CAR
A/C not cooling. I did jump relay and A/C system came on. There is no power at pin 30 at the relay to turn the A/C clutch on. I jumped the A/C clutch cycling pressure switch by unplugging the switch and shorted the wires together, but that did nothing. It seems like a fuse, but I cannot find a blown fuse. Do you know which fuses should be checked. No twelve volts at A/C cutout relay.
Wednesday, May 16th, 2018 AT 6:40 AM

ASEMASTER6371
Good afternoon.

The power for pin 30 comes from the high side pressure switch. You need to verify voltage at the high side pressure switch.

Wednesday, May 16th, 2018 AT 9:24 AM
JACK LANCE
Thanks for the information. My Haynes manual did not have that diagram. I did find the high pressure switch, but had no power there or at the low pressure switch or pin 30. Any guidance would be helpful.
Thursday, May 17th, 2018 AT 6:48 AM
ASEMASTER6371
It is fed from the control head to the clutch cycling switch and then to the high side pressure switch.

Diagram attached.

Thursday, May 17th, 2018 AT 6:57 AM