Will not start

JADDUN
  • 2012 NISSAN SENTRA
I have changed the injectors and plus. But still same. Tried scanning but no codes. Lastly I discovered that when I manually put fuel in the engine through the manifold hose it starts and runs. Still fuel burns out but won't start normally.
Saturday, November 21st, 2020 AT 2:13 PM

DANNY L
Hello, I'm Danny.

It sounds like you might have a weak or failed fuel pump due to you being able to start by putting fuel directly in. I would suggest to first perform a fuel pressure test. If you don't have access to a fuel pressure tester most auto parts stores have a tool loaner program and can rent you one. Here is a tutorial showing what is involved:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator

After performing this test get back to us with the results and we'll go from there. The proper fuel pressure for your car should be 51 PSI at idle. Hope this helps and thanks for using 2CarPros.
Saturday, November 21st, 2020 AT 4:51 PM

Sponsored links