2000 Nissan Sentra 2000 Nissan Sentra won't start

POPO22
  • 2000 NISSAN SENTRA
The car was working fine, made a 30 minutes stop and then the car would not start. Every light works but the car would not start.
Thursday, October 1st, 2009 AT 9:41 PM

DABAUR
I have same car with same mileage with same problem. Mine sporatic, will start with a couple of tries. I belive it is an electrical problem, still looking.
When car does not start mine will crank, but will start later. This has happened while driving, cold starts, and warm starts. This has happened in dry and wet weather, nothing consistant.
One thing that I noticed, when starting usually the check engine light will come on, but when the car will just crank, the check engine light does not come on. I still think electrical, but need help.
Saturday, October 3rd, 2009 AT 7:31 AM
DABAUR
I have found my problem, brother in law did, while car was running he jiggled wires. A wire harness from from the fuse box, near battery that runs under the battery, after he jiggled it the car shut off. Pulled out battery and battery box he found a wire that was bulged. We suspect that some battery acid may have dripped down and comprmised the wire. We cut out bad section and spliced together and sealed up the wire and have not encountered any problems.
Friday, October 16th, 2009 AT 11:40 AM