2002 Nissan Sentra Car wont start

• 1 POST

My 02 sentra gxe will not start. It cranks and turns but will not start. I have tried jumping and charging the battery. My spark plugs are sparking and are getting soaked with fuel every time I try to start it it is dumping way to much fuel. When I opened up the holes where the spark plugs go in and tried to start the car to see how much gas was going into it I had mist of gas shooting out of each hole. I have preasure tested all my head gaskets and they are all coming back fine with 120. I have tried putting new cam and crank sensors in along with a mass airflow sensor as well and nothing works, I even hooked up my uncles 6000 dollar snap on code reader and ran every single test possible and it wasnt throwing any codes. But when I tried to run a vacume test on my fuel regulator I was unable to suck or blow any air threw the hose, is this normal? Im starting to think m computer is shot. Any advise would be great! Also my car would sometimes start up rough and and give me issues with starting but usually all I had to do was pump the gas while trying to start and it would work. Hope all this info helps.

Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 AT 4:31 PM

This is not a cylinder head gasket issue. That has nothing to do with too much fuel. The vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator IS the proper place to look for fuel leaking into it, but as for blowing through it, which way are you blowing? You should have free flow into the intake manifold, not into the regulator.

The cam and crank sensors aren't the problem either. If they don't work, you won't have spark.

Check for a crushed or restricted fuel return line between the fuel pressure regulator and the gas tank. That will cause the fuel pressure to be too high, and too much fuel will spray in. To temporarily stop the fuel flow, you can remove the fuel pump fuse or relay, but you'll need a scanner to view live data to look for other causes. The mass air flow sensor has the biggest say in how much fuel enters the engine. It's operation can be observed on the scanner. If you have just one or two cylinders getting too much fuel, you might look for their control wire being shorted to ground. The driver circuit in the Engine Computer could be shorted too, but that isn't common. Either condition will hold those injectors open all the time and you'll get way too much fuel. The clue there is to measure fuel pressure with a mechanical gauge. The engine has to be cranking for the fuel pump to run. With the ignition switch on but not cranking the engine, fuel pressure must stay up. If it bleeds down, an injector is sticking open or is being turned on. Measure the voltage between the pair of wires to see if it's an electrical problem or a mechanical problem. If you find voltage across a pair of injector wires, we have to determine why. If you find 0 volts but it's still spraying fuel, that injector is stuck open.

Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 AT 7:45 PM