BATTERY OCCASSIONALLY DIES

1997 Nissan Maxima

chris86

December, 17, 2007 AT 5:09 PM

1997 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 66,000 miles

If I don't drive my car for a day or two it will not crank. When I jump it it cranks up okay and continues to crank okay if I use it on a regular basis. But when left for a day or more it will not crank.

I've had the Nissan dealership run a thourough diagnostic on it and the battery, alternator and starter are all good. No one at the Nissan dealership can find the problem. There also doesn't appear to be any lights on when left unrunning that might cause a slow drain.

There are two items that coincide with when the problem started. First, my wife plugged in a phone charger that blew the fuse and second, I changed out a rear brake light that had burnt out about the same time the problem started

Thanks for any help or direction you might be able to provide.

Not Charging Battery

Battery Will Not Charge

December, 17, 2007 AT 9:54 PM

But when left for a day or more it will not crank

You have an electrical short that is more than the normal draw for memories-such a radio/clock etc, that's draining the battery overnite.

You might want to do another load testing on the battery and alternator to confirm that its functioning correctly.

Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide