ENGINE WON'T START AFTER OVERHEATING

Nissan Altima

KillerBee1977

April, 17, 2006 AT 3:59 AM

I have an Nissan Altima 1995 with 133,000 miles on it. Noticed a blown hose from a water pump. Engine started to overheat. Left car parked for 2 days then started the engine and went on the freeway, hoping to make it home, before the engine overheats. Temperature started rising (No coolant to the engine), but was way under the red line (about middle of the gauge). Suddently started feeling that engine is loosing power. Then it just stalled in the middle of the road, completely stopping. Rolled over to the side of the freeway, and let the engine cool down for 20 mins. Tried to start the engine, but no luck. The starter whines, but the engine is not turning. Could it be seized engine, or some internal parts got messed up? Help please.

Rednec414

June, 20, 2006 AT 11:56 PM

Most nissans have that there as a saftey feature. However if you have over heated the vehicle more than once then you very well may have warped the head, blown the head gasket, or just seized the pistons altho maybe not all. Defanately would rebuild the motor.

rpreeves

August, 15, 2008 AT 9:24 AM

I have had a similar problem with my 94 Altima. The car ran hot on the interstate and completed shut off. Now the motor will turn but will never start.

Could you tell me more about this safety feature that shuts off the engine if it overheats?

Thanks,
Ryan

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement