Neutral safety switch

KEITH FERRIER
  • 2003 DODGE CARAVAN
My van wont crank. When I turn my key the accessory relay clicks and that is it. Everything lights, radio, windows, etc work. As the key is turned I do not have any power to little wire on starter. If I bypass the ignition relay it turns over but the fuel pump is not coming on and I have no spark. I replaced the crank sensor and the ignition module on the steering column. Neither helped. I have check all the fuses and relays. All the wires under the dash looks good. Would the neutral safety switch cut power to the starter?
Friday, September 2nd, 2016 AT 7:45 PM

WRENCHTECH
Yes it would, the neutral safety switch or gear selector range sensor is located on the transmission here is a diagrams to help you see the location

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
+1
Saturday, September 3rd, 2016 AT 5:25 AM
KEITH FERRIER
That was the problem thank you so much for the information all fixed. I love this site.
Saturday, September 3rd, 2016 AT 8:04 AM
WRENCHTECH
Good to hear, please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help.

Cheers
Saturday, September 3rd, 2016 AT 8:13 AM