Neutral safety switch

KEITH FERRIER
  • 2003 DODGE CARAVAN
My van wont start. When I turn my key the accessory relay clicks and that is it. Everything lights, radio, windows, etc work. As the key is turned I do not have any power to little wire on starter. If I bypass the ignition relay it turns over but the fuel pump is not coming on and I have no spark. I replaced the crank sensor and the ignition module on the steering column. Neither helped. I have check all the fuses and relays. All the wires under the dash looks good. Would the neutral safety switch cut power to the fuel pump and coil?
Friday, September 2nd, 2016 AT 7:45 PM

WRENCHTECH
Sounds like the security system may be locking you out. Look for a security light or message on the dash somewhere. If you have another key, try that.
-2
Saturday, September 3rd, 2016 AT 5:25 AM
KEITH FERRIER
No security lights are flashing any where. How can I test that or bypass it to be sure? The key does not have a chip either.
Saturday, September 3rd, 2016 AT 8:04 AM
WRENCHTECH
Yes, it most certainly does have a transponder in the key and it cannot be bypassed. You must have a high end, professional scan tool to be able to access that system.
-1
Saturday, September 3rd, 2016 AT 8:13 AM
KEITH FERRIER
Not trying to argue because I definetley appreciate the help I can get. I took the key to a lock smith who cuts and programs keys cheaper than the dealer. The key was tested and no transponder was present. I tried my other keys, car and truck and they tested positive for it. Also around the lock, ignition cylinder there isnt a ring with wires to it like Ive seen before to read the key. Ive had alot of these chrysler vans 1999, 2000,2002, 2003 my 2003 was the only one that was chiped. This 2003 on the door sticker says 1/2003 Maybe becasue early on in the year they still didnt put chips in them.
If it is security issue, is that what the module on the fire wall under the column is? It has 5 connections pluged into it.
Sunday, September 4th, 2016 AT 7:35 AM
WRENCHTECH
That would be very surprising if it wasn't equipped with SKIS system. My service manual states it does.

Here is the wiring diagram for the starter circuit but I suspect it is the PCM that is not energizing the relay. That would mean you will need a high end scan tool to se what the system is doing.

https://www.2carpros.com/images/external/101604276.gif
Sunday, September 4th, 2016 AT 7:41 AM