My Sonoma GMC Truck will not start

DAVIDWALTER
  • 1998 GMC SONOMA
I am having trouble starting my truck I keep blowing a fuse under the hood in the fuse box (15 amp ECM B)
I noticed that it would blow as I was driving or standing and idling the truck after driving 1 km and changing 3 fuses every 1000 feet I decided to put in a 20 amp and that worked perfect. For a while. Now wants it warms up after 5 hours of driving and then I shot it off I cant start it anymore until the next day. But I notice that the 20 amp fuse does not blow anymore but if I take it out and put if back in it will start but shot down with in 3 seconds. I am thinking it could be my fuel pump what do you think? Or do I have a short somewhere?
Sunday, May 24th, 2015 AT 4:24 PM

Ecm b fuse is an orange wire that powers pcm check for a short someplace or it may be a bad pcm as well. But have a pro check for the pcm problem
Monday, May 25th, 2015 AT 6:35 AM
DAVIDWALTER
Thank you for the reply. So it can't be the fuel pump is that correct?

I will Check the wire to see if there is a short. And will let you know.
Monday, May 25th, 2015 AT 7:12 PM
DAVIDWALTER
Would you happen to have a drawing?
Monday, May 25th, 2015 AT 7:13 PM
I do have a drawing but it is to big to put on here
Tuesday, May 26th, 2015 AT 6:07 AM
DAVIDWALTER
Would it be possible to send a specific page where it shows the wire?

I noticed when I got the truck that the driver side motor mount was missing and the motor was hitting on the frame when I drove ahead and stepped to hard on the gas. So I am thinking the wire could be pinched some where in behind the motor between the trany and the motor. Is it possible to see on the drawing if that wire runs on the driver side frame or near it where it could have gotten pinched.

Thanks David
Tuesday, May 26th, 2015 AT 6:32 AM
Drawing of wiring don't show what you want they are just straight line then they say where the connections are yours would go to junction box on firewall then to ignition switch. But you should check where it motor is hitting and fix mount if it' hasn't been already.
Tuesday, May 26th, 2015 AT 6:48 AM
DAVIDWALTER
I Just ordered the motor mount. So I want to fix it, I will check to see if there is a wire that is pined.

Thanks David
Tuesday, May 26th, 2015 AT 7:09 AM