Does not start lights turn on but does not start

DEBBIE CISNEROS
  • 2004 HONDA CIVIC
  • 1,640,000 MILES
When I turn the key to start the car dash lights up but won't start. We changed the spark plugs and coils also put a new alternator, starter is good battery good. Need help please.
Saturday, May 1st, 2021 AT 7:03 AM

Hi,

Does the starter engage when you try starting it? If not, take a look through this link:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/starter-not-working-repair

If the starter is engaging and turning the engine, we need to check for spark and fuel to the engine. First, take a look through this link:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Let me know specifically what is happening. Also, if the starter is working, see if the engine starts using starting fluid. If it does and then stalls, we know it is a fuel-related issue. If it doesn't make a change, then it is likely ignition-related.

One last thing, if you can, record the engine cranking and upload it for me to hear. I may be able to recognize an issue.

Let me know.

Saturday, May 1st, 2021 AT 10:38 PM
DEBBIE CISNEROS
Hello my friends and thank you for responding. My car is now running, but I noticed a squealing noise what could it be?
Sunday, May 2nd, 2021 AT 1:23 PM
Hi,

I'm glad to hear it's running. As far as the noise, is it possible for you to record it and upload it for me to hear?

Sunday, May 2nd, 2021 AT 5:55 PM
DEBBIE CISNEROS
I'm sorry Joe this is a new phone and I'm still learning how to use it. But it sounds like a whistling noise were the belt is.
.
Sunday, May 2nd, 2021 AT 10:18 PM
Debbie,

If you are referring to the serpentine belt, it is on the front of the engine. I found a couple of pics showing it. They aren't the greatest pics, but they should help.

If you think the noise is coming from there, take a small cup of water and as you hear the noise, pour a small amount on the belt. If the sound changes pitch or stops, that is where the sound is coming from

I hope this helps.

Take care,
Monday, May 3rd, 2021 AT 5:27 PM

Sponsored links