CAR CRANKS BUT WON'T START

• Jag6492
  • 2001 HONDA CIVIC

01 civic cranks but won't start. It just started one morning with out any prior problems. Don't have spark in any of the cylinders. Fuel pressure is within specs. Connected noid light on each injector and none of them lights up when cranking the engine. Timing belt in good condition and not slipping. All fuses/relays in good condition(working). CMP sensor is about one year old. Compression is 130psi in 3 cylinders and about 110 in one. Jag. Auto. Tech@gmail. Com

Friday, July 29th, 2011 AT 2:11 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Very common for the distributor to fail. Check powers and grounds. If it is ok, I would get a rebuilt unit and install it. It can only go in one way.

Friday, July 29th, 2011 AT 2:26 AM
  • Jag6492

If you read my message you see that about 90% of the things you tell me to do I already did it. The car has coil on plugs. They are getting ground and 12v. If fuel pressure is within specs(40psi) Its telling that fuel pump and regulator are working. Please somebody with more help.

Friday, July 29th, 2011 AT 2:28 AM
  • Rasmataz

Don't have spark in any of the cylinders. You don't have spark she'll never fire up-start testing the ignition system and follow my suggestions-don't expect a quick fix bcuz its free this can be a nightmare.

Friday, July 29th, 2011 AT 2:35 AM
  • Jag6492

Thanks, but Im stuck. The coil on plugs have 3 wires(power, ground, and v-ref). Its getting 12.54v to each plug and ground, but not spark. All I have left, I think, to check is the CKP and ECM. Oh, and what could be making the injectors to don't work neither?

Friday, July 29th, 2011 AT 2:48 AM
  • Rasmataz

Check and test the cam and crank sensors

Friday, July 29th, 2011 AT 2:50 AM