CAR CRANKS BUT WON'T START

2001 Honda Civic

jag6492

July, 29, 2011 AT 2:11 AM

01 civic cranks but won't start. It just started one morning with out any prior problems. Don't have spark in any of the cylinders. Fuel pressure is within specs. Connected noid light on each injector and none of them lights up when cranking the engine. Timing belt in good condition and not slipping. All fuses/relays in good condition(working). CMP sensor is about one year old. Compression is 130psi in 3 cylinders and about 110 in one. Jag. Auto. Tech@gmail. Com

July, 29, 2011 AT 2:26 AM

Very common for the distributor to fail. Check powers and grounds. If it is ok, I would get a rebuilt unit and install it. It can only go in one way.

jag6492

July, 29, 2011 AT 2:28 AM

If you read my message you see that about 90% of the things you tell me to do I already did it. The car has coil on plugs. They are getting ground and 12v. If fuel pressure is within specs(40psi) Its telling that fuel pump and regulator are working. Please somebody with more help.

July, 29, 2011 AT 2:35 AM

Don't have spark in any of the cylinders. You don't have spark she'll never fire up-start testing the ignition system and follow my suggestions-don't expect a quick fix bcuz its free this can be a nightmare.

jag6492

July, 29, 2011 AT 2:48 AM

Thanks, but Im stuck. The coil on plugs have 3 wires(power, ground, and v-ref). Its getting 12.54v to each plug and ground, but not spark. All I have left, I think, to check is the CKP and ECM. Oh, and what could be making the injectors to don't work neither?

July, 29, 2011 AT 2:50 AM

Check and test the cam and crank sensors

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right