MITSUBISMONTERO CLUTCH PEDAL

Mitsubishi

dcrane_82

March, 7, 2007 AT 11:54 AM

I have a 1990 Mitsubishi Montero 3.0 L V-6. I replaced the clutch, pressure plate, release bearing, pilot bearing and a new flywheel. But my pedal seems to be really low. The clutch doesn't disengage until the pedal is about 1.5 inches from the floor. The same is true the other way it engages 1.5 inches off the floor. The pedal has probably 3.5 -4 inches of free play. This is a hydraulic system with no leaks. I thought maybe there was air in the system so I bled it but no air came out. When I pump the pedal it doesn't seem to build up any pressure. I'm thinking master cylinder. What do you guys suggest?
Dennis

March, 7, 2007 AT 4:07 PM

[quote=" dcrane_82" ]I have a 1990 Mitsubishi Montero 3.0 L V-6. I replaced the clutch, pressure plate, release bearing, pilot bearing and a new flywheel. But my pedal seems to be really low. The clutch doesn't disengage until the pedal is about 1.5 inches from the floor. The same is true the other way it engages 1.5 inches off the floor. The pedal has probably 3.5 -4 inches of free play. This is a hydraulic system with no leaks. I thought maybe there was air in the system so I bled it but no air came out. When I pump the pedal it doesn't seem to build up any pressure. I'm thinking master cylinder. What do you guys suggest?
Dennis[/quote

Check the clutch M/C and slave-no improvement time for a repair kit or new ones.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions