1. Remove center cap. With the weight of the vehicle on the wheels, loosen lug nuts.
2. Raise and support vehicle.
3. Remove wheel and tire assembly.
4. Remove and discard wheel hub retainer nut and washer assembly.
5. Remove 2 front brake caliper mounting bolts.
6. Lift brake caliper off of front disc brake caliper anchor plate, and position caliper aside.
CAUTION:DO NOT use a hammer to separate half-shaft joint from hub assembly. Damage to outboard CV joint stub shaft housing threads and internal components may result
7. Install Front Hub Remover/Installer (T81P-1104-C) and separate half-shaft from hub.
8. Support front suspension lower arm.
9. Remove upper ball joint to front wheel knuckle nut and bolt.
10. Rotate front steering knuckle.
11. Compress outboard half-shaft joint and remove outboard half-shaft joint from hub.
12. Using CV Joint Puller (T86P-3514-1) and impact slide hammer, separate front wheel half-shaft from front axle housing.
13. Remove half-shaft from front axle housing.
14. To install, reverse removal procedure. Use a NEW circlip on inboard CV joint stub shaft housing. On Explorer and Mountaineer, tighten NEW wheel hub nut to specification
Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 7:20 PM